Handbook > Financial Policies & Services > Miscellaneous Policies and Services

Miscellaneous Policies and Services

Agreement to Pay. Your enrollment in the seminary constitutes your agreement to pay for all tuition, fees and other charges, including interest, placed upon your student account. Unpaid account balances will accrue interest at the annual rate of 10% (.0834% per month) and a hold will be placed on your account until full payment has been made.

Disputing a Charge on Your Account. If there is a charge on your student account that you don’t recognize, please contact Student Financial Services to assist you in determining the source of the charge. If you wish to dispute a charge on your student account, you must do so in writing to the source of the charge within 120 days of the date of the charge; until determined otherwise the seminary considers all charges placed on the student account to be legitimate and expects full payment for them.

Student Loan Refunds. Student loan refunds are processed weekly and can take from 7-10 days after the receipt of funds to be sent to your home address. Refund checks are mailed directly to your home address or are sent to your bank account if you have signed up for e-refunds. Due to the volume of refunds being processed, we regret that refund checks may not be picked up in person. The quickest way to receive your refund is to ensure that you are enrolled at least half-time, attending classes and meeting all of your financial aid requirements when your funds arrive at the seminary.

e-Refunds. You can save a trip to the bank by signing up for electronic refunds. Simply enter your valid U.S. bank checking or savings account information in the Student Account Center and indicate your agreement to the e-refund policy. We will then automatically send your student loan or other student account refunds directly to your designated bank account.

Account Statements (e-Bills). To save natural resources, the seminary does not mail account statements. Instead, each month an electronic statement of account is posted in the Student Account Center online showing any activity on your student account over the last month. Up to 18 months of statements are available for your review and each can be printed as a PDF document. New statement notifications are sent to your Fuller email address.

Authorized Users. If you have a third-party, such as a church or relative, that needs to make payments on your student account, you can grant them access to your student account as an Authorized User in the Student Account Center. They will have their own username and password once you set them up. You control what Authorized Users can see and do in your student account, and you can turn off the access at any time.

Payment by Foreign Check. If you make a payment or deposit into your student account with foreign checks that require conversion into U.S. funds through the international banking system, you will be charged a $65 fee. Don’t simply write “U.S. Funds” on the check yourself; this won’t work. If you have questions regarding charges for conversion, consult the bank in which you have an account or plan to establish one.

Checks Returned for Insufficient Funds. If your personal check or electronic ACH payment is returned to Fuller due to insufficient funds, you will be charged a $25 fee (subject to change without notice), which is charged to your student account. If you make payments with three or more bad checks you will be required to make all future payments in cash, certified bank funds, or by credit card. At the discretion of the seminary, this requirement may also be applied to students who have made payments with bad checks on less than three occasions.

Electronic Payments Rejected for Incorrect Bank Information. Electronic check (ACH) payments or student account refunds rejected by the bank due to incorrect account information will incur a $25 fee, which is charged to your student account. The account will be flagged and no additional electronic payments or e-Refunds can be transacted using that account.

Withdrawal of Scholarship Funds. If you receive a scholarship from the seminary through Student Financial Services in excess of your tuition and fees, you cannot make a withdrawal of funds from your account until the sixth week of the quarter, after the final drop deadline for ten-week classes. This will allow for adjustments, when needed, in your financial aid award.

Graduation/Leave of Absence with Outstanding Balances. If you are graduating or planning not to enroll for a period of time and you have an outstanding balance on your student account, you must contact Student Financial Services to schedule an exit interview and plan for payment of the account balance. To schedule an appointment, call 626-584-5421.

Collection Policy. The seminary, in accordance with its goals of maintaining only current student accounts and encouraging faithful financial stewardship among students, may turn any student account that is delinquent 45 or more days over to a professional collection agency. Once the account is transferred to a professional agency, you then have to deal directly with that agency. At that point, Fuller Seminary can no longer negotiate with you about the account in question. Turning an account over to collections will adversely affect your credit standing. If you foresee problems in making payments, contact Student Financial Services so they can try to help you work things out before they have to take such drastic measures.

Tax Reporting. U.S. citizens and legal Permanent Residents are required by law to provide a valid Social Security Number or Taxpayer ID to the seminary. Students with missing taxpayer information will be required to complete a W-9 form. Failure to complete the W-9 form may result in fines being levied against the student by the IRS. Each January the seminary distributes IRS Form 1098-T Tuition Statement to eligible students. To save resources students are encouraged to opt-in to receive their 1098-T electronically via the Student Account Center. Paper versions of the 1098-T form will be mailed by January 31 to students who do not choose the electronic presentment option. In accordance with IRS regulations, the seminary does not provide 1098-T forms in the following cases: 1) Students with a missing SSN or Taxpayer ID, 2) International visa students, 3) Students who did not incur any eligible charges or credits on their student account during the prior calendar year.

The Office of Finance and Accounting will provide IRS Form 1042 International Student Withholding to international visa students who received financial assistance in excess of their qualified educational expenses during the past year. Depending on the student’s home country, there may be tax treaties that require payment of taxes to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service on the excess funds received.

The seminary and its employees do not provide income tax advice. Students with tax questions should consult with a qualified tax advisor.

Handbook > Financial Policies & Services > Miscellaneous Policies and Services