Fuller Seminary Student Handbook

Handbook > Registration > Enrollment Services

Enrollment Services

Enrollment Verification. The Registrar’s Office is responsible for processing loan deferments and other forms of enrollment verification (e.g., for RTD bus passes, scholarships, insurance policies, etc.).

Student ID Cards. Student photo ID cards are issued to new students each quarter after registration. These cards are permanent ID cards. The cards contain an RFID chip, which allows them to serve as Fuller library cards and, in some cases, as Housing Access cards. Replacement cards are $5 (no charge for replacement due to legal name change).

Loan Deferments. The policy governing deferments varies according to the academic program in which you are participating.

Only previous work or current enrollment may be verified. The Registrar’s Office cannot verify enrollment for deferring your loan for a given quarter until you have registered for classes for that quarter. Enrollment verifications are processed on a quarter-by-quarter basis.

The Registrar’s Office provides a special service that keeps you from having to bring or send in those annoying loan deferment forms every quarter. Just complete an Automatic Loan Deferment form (available in the Registrar’s Office or from our website), and we’ll report your enrollment status to your lenders or loan servicing agencies automatically each quarter that you are enrolled.

If you drop below half-time enrollment in a given quarter, that status may be reported to the lender or loan servicing agency. You should always consult the Office of Financial Aid concerning the possible implications for your loans (past and present) before reducing your academic load, and especially if dropping all classes for a quarter.

International Students. Federal immigration law requires that students who have come to the United States on F-1 or J-1 visas be enrolled full-time (a minimum of 12 units for most programs) at all times, with the possible exception of summer or other approved vacation periods, and under certain extenuating circumstances. In any case, approval of the immigration counselor in the Office of International Services is required. If you are not enrolled full-time and have not received an approved exception, you are considered “out of status” by the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service. You should always consult the International Student Services Office concerning the possible implications for your visa before reducing your academic load, and especially if dropping all classes for a quarter.

Handbook > Registration > Enrollment Services